2018 International Business Conference
March 22 – March 25, 2018
The Society for Advancement of Management (SAM) is pleased to provide the opportunity to showcase students’ management knowledge and skills in our annual Management Case Competition.
The Management Case Competition:
- Has two divisions – Open and Undergraduate
- Is open to all SAM Campus Chapters
- Provides the opportunity to compete with other students nationwide
- Provides feedback to the competing teams
- Provides certificates of participation to all team members
- Gives recognition in SAM Advanced Management Journal to the winning teams and universities
Guidelines for the Case Competition and sign up information will be available in early October 2017.
Extemporaneous Speaking Competition
This new event will allow students to hone their analytical and presentation skills under time pressure. In this competition, the participants will focus on addressing current business challenges in our dynamic global environment. Students will select three envelopes with various business dilemmas contained inside. The student will have two minutes to decide which of the three dilemmas they would like to talk about and then have 30 minutes to prepare a 5 to 7-minute presentation on the topic to a panel of judges. The judges will evaluate the students on the quality of their solution and the student’s presentation skills.
Guidelines for the Extemporaneous Speaking Competition and sign up information will be available in early October 2017.